Borno FM Description:
Borno FM 95.3 radio station started as a provincial Broadcasting Station in 1957 for relaying programmes from the defunct N.B.C in Kaduna and Lagos. At that time, it had a total of only one hour of broadcast of local programmes. Thus it was then seen just as a relaying station for most of its progammes from 5.30am to 1100pm daily on the Medium Wave (MW).
In 1970, a Short Wave Transmitter (SW) was installed giving the station a more powerful transmitting Capacity, consequently the station was allowed to run more local programmes but had to relay Network News, Educational Programmes and other important National Programmes.